Time to Deadline
This inaugural Essay contest presents an opportunity for our young people to express their creativity and share their vision of Peace & Love through their writing skills. Participants are encouraged to portray their life experiences, culture and traditions in responding to the theme. The following rules and guidelines shall apply:
Rules and Guidelines
- The Essay Contest is open to all Saint Lucian-based young adults between the ages of 12 to 14 on February 1st, 2022, that are in school or youth/community groups.
- You must register to take part in the contest. To register, click the Register Here link below.
- To participate, you must be either a pupil at in a local Saint Lucian school or youth/community group.
- Your essay must not have been published, self-published, published on a website, or been placed first, second or third, or been submitted or awarded a prize in any other competition.
- To submit your Essay entry, please click the Submit Here button below.
- You can have only one entry for this competition.
- The entry must be the work of only one participant.
- The essay’s word count is 700 words. Plus/minus 10%.
- Your essay must be submitted in English.
- The entry must capture the contest theme for the year: Increasing Our Cultural Confidence During Covid19.
- Your essays must be typed in black ink and double-spaced and Times New Roman or related family font type.
- The entry must be an original piece of work and must be your own work.
- Nothing must appear (visually) which would identify you as the entrant. There must NOT be any visible lettering or numbering or personal code embedded in the essay, in any language.
- The judges read all the entries; their decision is final. Neither the judges nor Friends of Saint Lucia personnel will enter into any correspondence.
- The copyright of each essay remains with the author. However, authors of the winning artwork by entering the competition, grant Friends of Saint Lucia International the right in perpetuity to publish and/or broadcast and use their essay. Use of the essay elsewhere for one year from the date of winners’ announcement is subject to permission from Friends of Saint Lucia International.
- Friends of Saint Lucia International retains the right to amend these terms and conditions without any notice but remain obliged to communicate any such changes it makes.
- Deadline for submission is Friday October 22nd, 2021. All late entries will be automatically be disqualified.
To register, please click the link below. After registration, please check your email for a welcome pack which will include your Participant Registration Number.
When you are ready to submit your work, please click the link below. Remember, do not include your name in naming the file and use your PRN Number.